Thursday, January 5, 2017

Tamoxfien Anxiety

January 2nd is the day I decided to take my "pill for a lifetime" There were so many thoughts in my mind leading up to this day. Issues I thought I laid to rest but it was not until the very moment when I place the pill in my hand, that everything came back. Anxiety kicked in that I did not know I had and tears. I could not understand why I was feeling this way. Thank God for my wonderful husband who comfort me and told me it was doing to be okay. It asked my, why I was feeling this way and if I was sure about taking it. My reply was Yes but I am afraid because it may cause something else and his response was HAVE FAITH, you got through the hard part.

From there, I realized that I was going to be okay. Some people don't have an opportunity to take a pill after chemo. It made feel so selfish having a chance at what they consider lower chance of reoccurrence. Many women hesitate about taking this pill and you should because it is your body, but know that you are not alone in your thought process and it's normal. We go through so much once you find out you have cancer, so adding on is a major concern to have.

Those words my husband spoke to me instantly removed all my worries and now I fell free. Trust your gut, yourself and do what's best for you.

xoxo Superbritt

1 comment:

  1. Your hubby was right. Have faith not fear! Sometimes it is hard to remember this when you are going through.

    ReplyDelete