Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Last Treatment: Bittersweet

Finally, finished my last chemotherapy treatment. What an amazing feeling! No more A/C and TAXOL, are should I say "FRIENDAMIES". Will I miss them, NO, but I will miss the workers who spent their days nursing me. I loved being spoiled by them and the only thing I looked forward to besides sleeping. LOL! Even though I was there for something not great, they made me feel like Superbritt. It was home away from home so adjusting will be a little difficult. I know it's sounds crazy, but they became my family for 6 months.
Being free from Chemotherapy feels bittersweet. The feeling of accomplishment gave me a sense of graduating from a school I did not sign up for yet it was the only place I felt normal. I will miss no judgement, peace, chemo buddy chair neighbors, bloodwork, talking to the lab techs, receiving my happy pills and most of all, the people. Now it's time for a new chapter in my life and being a "survivor" is one. I have so many mix emotions because receiving treatment was my safe haven.  Letting go is not that easy, but I know God got me!
xoxo
Superbritt!

No comments:

Post a Comment